Monday, November 27, 2006

The beginning



This is a photojournal of the process of creating a kit kayak from Pygmy boats. We purchased this kit as a gift for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We decided to buy the 3 person kayak so my parents can ferry the grandkids around the lake that they live on.

Bryan is the builder; I am the overlay person and documenter. I am going to try to get him to add to this blog with regard to technical details about the build; when we first started this process, we found several blogs that helped us with ideas and I'd like to eventually make this a similar site. I will create separate posts for the various steps, and Bryan can add notes later.

For now, though...it's just a visual tour of our experience. We're having fun making this thing, and I think my parents will absolutely love it.

So, here's the first photo group. Two boxes arrived, despite the error in the address (ours is an unusual address, and I failed to make it clear when I ordered the kayak).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home